- About Us
Research Strategy of Iwate University
- Promote basic research of cultural science, social science, and natural science, including human issues
- Develop advanced and specialized research that meets international standards
- Develop original, high-level, and interdisciplinary research
- Create a new field of study in collaboration with local communities
Research Promotion Strategies
- We promote research that contributes to disaster prevention and reconstruction by making use of the experience and knowledge accumulated by Iwate University’s reconstruction support after the Great East Japan Earthquake. We will enable the sustainable development of the local society by using the results of such research.
- We promote high-level basic/applied research and research collaboration in different fields which are the strengths and attributes of Iwate University. We disseminate the results of such research throughout Japan and to other countries, enhancing our presence and attractiveness as a central base of academic research in Iwate, and contribute to the globalization of local society.
- To support such research activities, we promote basic research as a source of creating innovation and academic research, which gives vitality to our society and enhances the research capabilities of Iwate University.
- As a platform for enhancing research capabilities of Iwate University, we will further strengthen the research support for acquiring external funds and the effective use of acquired funds.
The Organization for Research Promotion was founded in April 2014 in order to promote distinctive research and to enhance the academic infrastructure of the university. It is divided into the Project Promotion Department and the Department of Research Infrastructure Management and Instrumental Analysis.
Project Promotion Department
At the Project Promotion Department, we plan and promote research strategies, acquire external funds, promote joint research with the other organizations throughout Japan and other countries, and manage and utilize intellectual property.
Department of Research Infrastructure Management and Instrumental Analysis
At the Department of Research Infrastructure Management and Instrumental Analysis, we take charge of animal experiments, gene recombination experiments, and pathogens. We support research infrastructure such as security export control utilizing analytical instruments.