Issuing Certificates (for graduates)
- Issuing Certificates (for graduates)
Issuing Certificates (for graduates)
Due to operating costs and a beneficiary charge, from April 1, 2010 there is a handling charge to issue various certificates for alumni, those who have completed a course (including part-time students such as credited auditors and research students), those who leave the university, and those who are expelled.
(*However, this excludes international students who studied at Iwate University and those who are currently living or staying overseas)
It is possible that the certificates of students who graduated, left, or were expelled in or before March 1953 may be substantially delayed; please inquire if this may affect you.
We ask for the understanding of all our alumni.
Handling charge to issue certificates
|Japanese certificate||1||300 yen|
|English certificate||1||1,000 yen|
How to apply for certificates
Applying at the desk
Student Center Building A Desk 1 on the first floor (Student Administration Group, Student Services and Planning Division)
*If you require a certificate from the United Graduate School of Agricultural Sciences (UGAS), please purchase a ticket equivalent to the handling charge for your certificate at the automatic ticket machine in front of Desk 1 on the first floor of the Student Center Building A, and apply at the UGAS Administrative Office.
Weekdays: 08:45 to 17:00
*Unavailable on Saturdays, Sundays, public holidays, during university shutdowns (August 11 to 16) and (December 28 to January 3), and on days of entrance exams.
Please bring the following documents to the reception desk.
*Also available at the desk.
- Official documentation that proves your identity (driving license, passport, health insurance card, etc.)
We will inform you of the cost of the handling charge to issue your certificate after confirming the details of your request; please purchase and submit a ticket equivalent to the handling charge for your certificate at the automatic ticket machine in front of Desk 1 on the first floor of the Student Center Building A.
Applying by Mail
Please gather the necessary documents listed in (1) to (4) below, and send them to the university address specified.
(1) Request to Issue Certificate
*If you are unable to print the request to issue certificate, please enter the required information on a separate sheet.
Points to note
- Please write your name in Roman letters for English-language certificates.
- Please give the English translation of your research subject for English-language academic transcripts from the Graduate School.
- Please fill in the following for certificates demonstrating academic ability for applying for a teaching
- The kind of school and type of teaching license that you hope to obtain (e.g. junior high school type 1 Japanese language, etc.)
- Education Personnel Certification Act and its applications (e.g. any of the new laws, former laws, the laws before that)
If the application of the Education Personnel Certification Act is unclear, please confirm with the place to which you will be submitting your certificate.
- The kind of school at which you carried out teaching practice (elementary, junior high, high, kindergarten, or nursery)
- If you already have obtained your teaching license, the kind of school and type of teaching license
(2) Bank transfer bill and receipt (copy acceptable)
When you transfer the handling charge for issuing your certificate to the designated university Japan Post Bank account, you will receive a bank transfer bill and receipt.
How to pay the handling charge for issuing your certificate
Please transfer the handling charge for issuing your certificate to the designated bank account below at the desk of a Post Office Bank (post office).
Designated bank account
Japan Post Bank
Name: National University Iwate University
Points to note
- Please transfer the charge using the designated post office form (Payment Handling Form(払込取扱票)). Do not use Yucho Direct (Japan Post Bank's online service)
- Please write "Certificate" in the "remarks" column (通信欄)
- You can transfer the money at an ATM using the Payment Handling Form. However, please be aware that this can only be done at certain ATMs.
- The necessary charge for the transfer should be paid by the person applying.
- Please ensure that the charge transferred is exact.
(3) Copy of official documentation that proves your identity
Driving license, health insurance card, passport, etc.
(4) Return Envelope
- Please write the return name clearly, and attach the necessary postage stamp (reference price list below).
- Please send an envelope of the designated size after confirming the number of certificates in the chart below.
|1 (up to 25 g)||82 yen (362 yen)||Nagagata #3|
|Up to 3 (up to 50 g)||92 yen (372 yen)||Nagagata #3|
|Up to 6 (up to 100 g)||140 yen (420 yen)||Nagagata #3|
|Up to 10 (up to 200g)||250 yen (530 yen)||At least kakugata #2|
*Nagagata #3 (120 mm x 235 mm) and Kakugata #2 (240 mm x 332 mm)
To the Funds Management Group, Accounting Division, Finance Department, Iwate University 3-18-8 Ueda, Morioka, Iwate, 020-8550
- Please ensure that you write "Request to Issue Certificate Inside" on the front of the envelope.
Days to issue certificates (excluding Saturdays, public holidays, university shutdowns, and the number of days necessary for postage)
Depending on the number and type of certificates and the work situation at the university, issuing certificates may take more time than the days listed below, so please ensure that you apply in plenty of time.
If you are not an alumnus, please make separate inquiries.
|Type of certificate||Year and Month of Graduation||Number of days required to issue|
|Japanese||Graduation/course completion||From March 1953||Same day|
|Academic transcript||Undergraduate||From March 1976||Same day|
|Certificate demonstrating academic ability (for applying for teaching license)||7 days|
|English||Graduation/course completion||3 days|
|Academic transcript||Undergraduate||7 days|
|Other||5 - 10 days (please ask for more details)|
Issuing with seal
All certificates are issued having been sealed.
Unless requested otherwise, graduation (course completion) certificates and academic transcripts are sealed in the same envelope.
Applying through a proxy
If you are applying through a proxy, the proxy must have official documentation proving their identity as well as the necessary documents for the application procedures.
Certificates issued after changing your family name
We will not issue certificates with your changed name. They will be issued with the name you had when you graduated.
Please be aware that teaching certificates are issued and reissued by each Board of Education, so do not request these from Iwate University.
Inquiries relating to issuing certificates: Student Administration Group, Student Services and Planning
Division, Student Services Department
*In the case of the United Graduate School of Agricultural Sciences (UGAS), please inquire at the following:
Inquiries relating to issuing certificates: Group of United Graduate School of Agricultural Sciences, United
Graduate School of Agricultural Sciences (UGAS)
Inquiries relating to paying the handling charge by bank transfer: Funds Management Group, Accounting
Division, Finance Department
*Please make any telephone inquiries from 08:45 to 17:00 Monday to Friday