【To all Iwate University students, faculty and staff】Iwate University Response to Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
To all Iwate University students, faculty and staff
Iwate University Response to Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
March 19, 2020 updated
President of Iwate University
Given the spread of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) throughout the world, we have partly updated our preventive measures which was released on February 27, 2020 as follows.
We have updated:
●the countries which all member of Iwate University are prohibited to travel
●the guideline after returning from international travels
●the request of recording health conditions after traveling in Japan
Regarding International Travels
1.We prohibit international travel to the countries with infectious disease risk level 2 or more which is designated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan.
Ministry of Foreign Affairs https://www.anzen.mofa.go.jp/
2. Please reconsider international travel to any other country as well due to the possibility that you might not be able to come back to Japan.
3. If you travel abroad, please report by sending the following "Notice of Travel" when leaving Japan, and "Notice of Return" when returning Japan, via website. These reports should be submitted including international travels to the countries with no Coronavirus outbreaks.
4. Please keep the following points in mind after returning or entering Japan:
1) Please record your health condition on the Self-Monitoring Sheet for two weeks after returning or entering Japan and submit it to Iwate University Health Service Center.The Self-Monitoring Sheet is also available in English and Chinese.
2) If you have traveled to a country with an outbreak of COVID-19, please monitor your health carefully and stay home (avoid unnecessaly going out) for two weeks after returning or entering Japan.
Those who returned or entered from countries with more than the infectious risk level 2 must stay at home and monitor their health for two weeks without going out as much as possible after entering Japan.
They are requested not to come to the university or work place for attending or giving classes, laboratory work, club activities, or going out for part time jobs.
3) In case you have a fever and/or cough, please call Iwate prefecture or Morioka city public health center first and follow instructions. Please do not go to see a doctor without calling them.
4) Please report the instructions from the public health center to Iwate University Health Service Center by phone.
●Iwate University Health Care Center：（Office hour : 9am-5pm）
Regarding researchers and students from overseas
Please fill out the "Check List of Your Health " and submit it to the Iwate University Health Care Center and ask researchers and students to keep recording their health condition on the Self-Monitoring Sheet (in JP and EN, CN and EN) for two weeks after entering Japan and submit it to Iwate University Health Service Center.
●Iwate University Health Care Center：（Office hour : 9am-5pm）
Regarding holding of and participating in events
The government requested that events are canceled, postponed, or scaled down in the next two weeks, saying that "people have a high risk of transmission by going to watch national sports or participating cultural events that gather many people."
Please try not to hold and/or participate in events outside of Iwate University. If you have to hold and/or participate in events, please keep the scheduled time to a minimum, try to prevent the transmission of the Coronavirus and pay attention to your health condition.
When you hold an event
1. Announce to the participants to wear a mask, wash hands, restrict people in poor health conditions from participating.
2. Please try to ventilate the area. (Once an hour, about 5 to 15 minutes) Also, after using the facilities, be sure to ventilate for 15 minutes and disinfect the things that many people touched.
3. Please place hand sanitizers at the entrance of the venue.
4. Please refrain from providing food and drink.
5. Please modify the venue layout and/or seating. (It is recommended that participants need to maintain a minimum space of 2 meters)
6. Please make a participants list including contact information as much as possible in case of occurrence of poor health conditions.
If there are some participants with poor health conditions, please report it to Iwate prefecture or Morioka city public health center and Iwate University Health Care Center.
When you participate an event
1. Please note you risk the transmission of the Coronavirus and try to prevent it by paying attention to health condition. Please wear a mask and wash your hands. If you feel sick, please do not participate in the event. Please refrain from attending social gatherings.
2. If you feel sick, please consult with Iwate prefecture or Morioka city public health center and report to Iwate University Health Service Center by phone.
● Morioka city public health center：（Weekday 9am-5pm）019-603-8308（Holiday, Night time）019-651-4111
● Iwate prefecture public health center：（Everyday 9am-9pm）019-651-3175
● Iwate University Health Care Center：（Office hour 9am-5pm）019-621-6074, 019-621-6550
Regarding travel in Japan
1. Job hunting, business trips
Please note you risk the transmission of the Coronavirus and try to prevent it by paying attention to your health condition. Assume your hands are contaminated especially in using public transportation, avoid eating, drinking and touching your eyes, nose and mouth. If you feel sick, please cancel your schedule.
Those who travel to areas in Japan where Coronavirus outbreak cases are confirmed there will be much requested of you to monitor your health for two weeks.
2. Club activities
Please refrain from camps, exhibition games, drinking parties.
Guideline for consultation Before consultation
If you have cold symptoms like fever, please stay home, have a rest, refrain from going out and keep recording your body temperature every day.
Guideline for consulting with the public health center
If you have cold symptoms and/or fever (37.5C/ 99.5F or higher) for more than 4days. (Including when you need to take fever reducer)
You feel exhausted all over (malaise) or have breathlessness (dyspnea)
If you have a following conditions, please consult with the public health center when you have above symptoms for more than 2 days.
-You have basic disease such as diabetes, heart failure or respiratory disease (such as COPD).
-You are undergoing dialysis
-You use immunosuppressant or anticancer drugs
●Morioka city public health center：（Weekday 9am-5pm）019-603-8308（Holiday, Night time）019-651-4111
●Iwate prefecture public health center：（Everyday 9am-9pm）019-651-3175
Please report to the Iwate University Health Care Center after you consult by phone.
●Iwate University Health Care Center：（Office hour 9am-5pm）019-621-6074, 019-621-6550
If you are diagnosed as being infected
All the students, faculty and staff who are diagnosed as being infected with Coronavirus, are not permitted to come to the university or place of work. You will be required to stay at home or be hospitalized.
In addition, please fill out the web form, "罹患届", and submit it to the Iwate University Health Care Center and follow the instructions given by designated medical institutions. After fully recovering, "治療完了届" must be submitted via web submission form before restarting your study or work at Iwate University.(Please refer to the flowchart to respond to the outbreaks of Coronavirus)
Please pay attention to future information, as the university's response may change depending on the situation.