Inventors must prepare and submit an invention disclosure to Department of Project Promotion for each potentially patentable invention conceived.
Invention Disclosure Process
【Who should submit a disclosure?】
◎the staff of Iwate University※
※Students are not employed by the university, so their inventions are not regarded as an employee inventions. Therefore they individually make an assignment contract with the university.
【What type of invention should be disclosed?】
Inventions may include patent, utility model, trademarks, Layout-Design Exploitation Right, copyright, including programs and databases, and know-how.
※Tangible Research Property(TRP) is separate and distinct from intangible (or intellectual) property. TRP is subject to the Rules Regarding Tangible Research Property.
When to file a disclosure
- When you make your results available to anyone outside Iwate University, regardless of commercial or non-commercial.
- When your invention has possible commercial value.
- When you suspect infringement of your intellectual property.
- When requested by the vice president.
- Other matters deemed necessary.